Empower industrial symbiosis facilitators, sign the INSIGHT Memorandum of Understanding￼
After more than two years working on industrial symbiosis (IS), the partners of the Erasmus+ INSIGHT project published a Blueprint Report where they identified 5 priorities to boost the uptake of IS through the empowerment of a new professional profile, the Industrial Symbiosis Facilitator. These priorities are:
- Inform: Raise awareness of stakeholders about the concept, opportunities, challenges, and benefits of IS to accelerate its application;
- Train: develop and upgrade technical and non-technical capacities of stakeholders to successfully create and implement IS strategies;
- Finance: incentivise IS through economic tools to tackle economic barriers and support its planning and its implementation;
- Connect: facilitate networking between companies and key stakeholders to share experiences and challenges in order to promote IS;
- Frame: eliminate legal barriers, create a common framework of intentions, policies, and strategies for the CE and IS
For each priority, a set of recommendations is detailed in the Blueprint Document available online.
Do you agree with these priorities? Do you also believe that facilitators have a key role in enabling industrial symbiosis?
Show your support for industrial symbiosis and its facilitation by signing the INSIGHT Memorandum of Understanding.
Not an English speaker? You can sign the Memorandum of Understanding in no less than 5 languages: : French, Italian, Slovenian, Spanish and Romanian.
By doing so, you will be part of a network of organisations across Europe that commit to using the levers at their disposal coherently to support the priorities of the INSIGHT blueprint for Industrial Symbiosis and its facilitation.
More information: https://www.insight-erasmus.eu/