CircLean Site Readiness Assessment
The CircLean site readiness assessment allows you to see how ready your company is to engage with industrial symbiosis.
As your company becomes more aware of industrial symbiosis and your company’s processes, resource inputs and outputs and alternative solutions for these resources, your company increases its readiness level.
Level 1 means your company has an awareness of IS but has not carried out anything active to instigate industrial symbiosis.
Level 9 means your company has posted resources on the matching tool and/or is actively looking for solutions.
- All resources quantified and posted on matching tool/or company is actively looking for solutions
- Resources prioritised for IS with management buy-in to advance IS opportunities
- Costs, regulations and other technology specifications to be met for IS opportunities
- Resources identified, quantified and characterised for IS
- Internal data sources identified for quantification
- Initial ideas on which resources might suit IS
- Processes mapped and targeted for IS
- Initial ideas of where company can engage
- Awareness of IS and potential benefits
Adapted from Sommer (2020) Study and portfolio review of the projects on industrial symbiosis in DG Research and Innovation: Findings and recommendations industrial symbiosis. European Commission